Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Interviews Day 10!

Today's interviews are with Quite Clever Jewelry and Busty's Fun Bags. Hope you enjoy it!

Name: Elizabeth Beeson
Business Name: Quite Clever Jewelry
Location: Lafayette, IN

What do you make? I make sterling silver, brass and copper jewelry.

How did you learn your art/craft? I took classes at Ball State, Purdue and the Indianapolis Art Center.

Where do you get your inspiration from? Most of my inspiration comes from the natural world, however I also take inspiration from music, travels and science.

Do you have a "real world" job? I was an art teacher for five years before I became an artist. I also currently work part-time as a freelance writer.

Your five favorite things: coffee, the ocean, bon fires, cinnamon and good books.

Who are your favorite artists/crafters? I am in love with these found metal sculptures of little birds sitting on grenades that are created by Oregon crafter, Joe Pogan. His work is really unique. I also love Isamu Noguchi, Salvador Dali and Tamara de Lempicka.

Where can we find you? You can find me online at http://www.elizabethbeeson.com/ or http://www.quiteclever.etsy.com/.

I'm also going to be at the following shows:

American Artisan Festival in Nashville, TN on June 19th and 20th.

One of a Kind Show in Chicago, IL in December (Date yet to be determined).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Name: Michelle Warble
Business Name: Busty's Fun Bags
Location: Indianapolis, IN

What do you make? I specialize in bags/totes but I also dabble in accessories and jewelry.

How did you learn your art/craft? I am self-taught. As early as I can remember I have been working on some kind of creative endeavor. After retiring from Roller Derby I took time to nurture my creative side. I had no sewing experience except my 7th grade home ec class but after buying my first sewing machine I quickly learned I had an aptitude for sewing.

Where do you get your inspiration from? I get my inspiration from the different communities I belong to i.e. crafting, scooters, roller derby, fashion, and music. I like to take inspiration from a mix of these interests and create unique pieces. I have also done lots of traveling so you can see influences from foreign lands in some of my work. I recently found some craft books from decades past while thrfting. I love to see the techniques that were being used then and update it to become fresh and new.

Do you have a "real world" job? Yes, I am in marketing/product development for a poster company in Indianapolis.

Your five favorite things: My friends and family, my dogs. my scooter on a warm sunny day, FABRIC and travel.

Who are your favorite artists/crafters? That's a tough one, there are so many great ones out there. I am going to keep it local.

Jerry Lee - he constantly amazes me with the detail and embellishments he puts into his clothes.

Bad Ass Glass - love the designs that they come up with, who would have thought you could make stained glass that cool?

Candice Hartsough McDonald of Cordial Kitten - I love her illustrations! I wish I could draw like that.

Where can we find you?
online -

http://web.me.com/mwarble

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BustysFunBags

Stores -

Silver in the City 434 Massachusetts Ave Indianapolis, IN 46204

Indy Swank Murphy Art Center 1043 Virginia Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46203

No comments:

Post a Comment