Saturday, March 13, 2010

Interview Day 7

Name: Kathryn Dart
Business Name: just my name :)
Location: Indianapolis, IN

What do you make? 
I make artwork, primarily paintings in wooden frames I hand make with my dad. I paint with an ancient method called encaustic, which uses beeswax and pigment to create a very unique paint. The beauty of encaustic is in the translucency of wax and the layers that capture light like no other medium can.

How did you learn your art/craft? 
I learned the basic encaustic technique through a quick 10-minute demo from a friend. The rest all came from experimenting and learning as I went along.

Where do you get your inspiration from? 
I am inspired by many things in life, such as books and music, notable things people say, and nature. But I would say the idea I paint about most often is human nature: why we do the things we do, how we interact with others, how experiences change us.

Do you have a "real world" job?
I am happy to say this is my real world job! 

Your five favorite things:
My husband, dogs, board games, sunshine and trees, seeing people laugh. 

Who are your favorite artists/crafters?
Martin Puryear and Andy Goldsworthy are my favorite artists. On etsy, I love essimarjoettamaue,sykoroadsidebehappynow, and layerbylayer

Where can we find you?

No comments:

Post a Comment